Friday, August 26, 2011

A Dizzyingly, Wonderful & MonStrous Situation

I've not written in a few weeks, guess inspiration left me, which is not entirely a bad thing since I seem to catch inspiration mostly when things are truly rotten or when I'm just overcoming something awful.  No news is definitely good news in my world.  But you're not rid of me yet. ;-)  The past few weeks have been interesting to say the least.  Before my brother's kids came to visit us for 2 weeks (starting August 6th) I was dealing with some terrible dizziness that is awful and debilitating and makes me have to stay home like I'm on house arrest!!  I prayed and prayed that God would take this away so that I could enjoy my time with my little people and be able to do everything with them.

I'm happy to report that my prayers were answered, I had the best time with the kids, went to the Aquarium, the beach, the pool countless times, out to eat several times, the movies twice, go-karting, the Children's Museum which was so much fun and even had a surprise birthday party for my niece complete with a dance/karaoke party that night.  It was a GREAT time and honestly I've not been able to do all those things day after day for a long while, so I felt very blessed not to have to bow out of these activities with my kiddies. :)  As my fellow MSers can imagine, I braced myself for the MS retribution that would surely come, but it only took me 5 days to recover which must be some kind of record for me!  Typically I need 2 weeks to recover from their visits, and I have never done nearly as much as I have this time.  Thank you God!! :)  Sometimes the answer to our prayers are no, but sometimes it's a resounding yes and I'm so thankful I got to experience that this time. :)

We're also dealing with some uncertainty in regards to my hubby's job.  The company he's worked at for several years is closing their doors, so Kevin and several of our closest friends are finding themselves adrift in a job market that is less than desirable.  It's a scary time but it's also an exciting time, a time for new beginnings, new adventures.  Lucky for me I have a very talented, capable husband who already has some fabulous things in the works!  And I know God has our back and will always provide for us.  So as Luke 12:24 and Matthew 6:34 so eloquently put it -  "Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds!" , "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."  We must trust that God will provide and fulfill ALL of our needs.  After much prayer I'm finally at peace with what's to come.  Thank you God for whatever new wonderfulness you have planned for us. :)

Stay tuned to hear how this new quest of ours turns out. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gisselle, I hadn't heard the phrase "MS retribution," but it sums up the MS backlash perfectly. I'm so glad you were able to do so much with your nieces and nephews. I know what it's like to have to cancel plans to which I was really looking forward. I also know the joy of being able to do something I want but then having to rest afterward...for days!

I will pray about Kevin's job. He sounds very talented and like a go-getter. I hope he finds something soon. These are definitely scary economic times we live in. I admire and agree with your faith. God will provide!

Take care! Enjoy your Saturday!
Love, Christine

andrE. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
andrE. said...

Prima, es tan lindo lo que dices- Es verdad, Dios tiene para nosotros planes inesperados y la verdad preocuparnos demasiado por el futuro a veces es absurdo porque las cosas van variando segun el camino que cada uno tiene trazado. De alguna forma ese sufrimiento que muchas veces cargamos algunas personas y que tarda en irse o quizás nunca se va, tiene algo de increíble. Porque es él, el que nos ayuda a abrir los ojos, a sensibilizarnos con el sufrimiento ajeno y a entender tal vez no en su totalidad pero a respetar el dolor de alguien cercano.
Tienes razón, todo pasa por algo y aunque no lo comprendamos en ese momento y las respuestas que recibamos sean una y otra vez un NO, después todo cae por su propio peso y todo cobra forma. Ahí es cuando empiezas a entender el por qué de cada cosa que tuviste que pasar.
Vi las fotos de las vacaciones de los chicos, es increible lo grandes y lindos que están. Ojalá podamos vernos todos pronto.
Eres excelente prima y además, un ejemplo tangible para mí- de que la vida, siempre continua.
Te quiero mucho!!

Gisselle said...

@ Christine - I hate that there has to be any kind of retribution, we're JUST trying to live our lives like everybody else! I'm just glad I didn't have to be sad about missing out on yet another fun event! :) Thank you SO much for your prayers, we certainly need and appreciate as many of those as we can get. We'll be great though, and I'll be glad to blog about that next time too! :)

@ Andrea - Que lindas palabras prima. Me alegra muchisimo saber que puedo ser un pequeño ejemplo para otros, porque sino que vale perdurar todo esto? Cosas pasan en esta vida que no podemos explicar, que nos devastan, pero lo importante es como nos levantamos para seguir peleando. No podemos controlar todo en nuestra pequeña existencia, pero siempre debemos recordar que para Dios nuestar existencia NO es pequeña, y nuestro sufrimiento no pasa desapercibido. Por eso yo eligo vivir la vida de dia en dia porque hoy puede ser un dia triste y adolorido pero mañana puede ser un dia lindo y lleno de promesa. :) Te quiero mucho mucho :) :)